- Registration will start at 8AM on Saturday 11th August, 2012. There will be three counters:
- Counter 1 – ECE & EEE
- Counter 2 – CIV
- Counter 3 – MECH
- Registration involves signing the register and collecting the welcome kit which is a A4 size envelope (Brown) with the following inside:
- Personal Data Form (PD Form)
- Memento Collection Slip
- Voting Slip
- Memory Deposit envelope with name and batch printed on it
- Name Badges: Please collect the badges
- For you – Name has been printed already
- Family members – Provide the name to the volunteer so that they can write the name
- Every one is expected to wear the name badge for easy identification.
- You can retain the name badges as a souvenir.
- Food Coupons: Collect the number of coupons you require for lunch and dinner. Provide the choice of Veg & Nonveg in the register. Access to the dining area is restricted and only persons with food coupons will be allowed in after surrender of the coupon.
- Personal Data Form must be filled and put into brown A4 envelope along with any photographs that can be shared for the souvenir. The envelope must be handed over to the Registration Desk. This can be done later on but must be done before 1 pm.
- Family Photograph: Immediately after registration, please make sure you are photographed with your family.
PERSONAL DATA FORM
- The welcome kit contains a personal data form with data partially filled in.
- Please check the data and correct if required
- And fill in the data where it is missing
- Put the filled form back into the envelope
- Please also put any pictures that you can share with the group.
- We will have a group photograph of all batchmates at 1 PM before lunch. Please make yourself available in front of Murugappa Hall for the group photograph.
- The photograph will be only of the individual members of the four disciplines. This photo is not with family. (Fitting in 250+ into a photo is not feasible).
- We have requested the college to keep the classrooms, labs & workshops open for our visit between 11 AM and 3 PM.
- Volunteers from the final year will be available to guide & escort us through the campus and the hostels.
- This will be a parallel activity to the other programs and you can schedule it as you like. Please check detailed program schedule for the other activities.
- Each person will be called out to introduce themselves and their families and also share their memories of ACCET.
- Each person will be allowed a maximum of 2 minutes.
- The most interesting narration will win a prize. The winner will be decided by all batchmates using the voting slip provided in the welcome kit.
- What to say: anything interesting and not controversial
- What not to say: anything negative about anybody
- You need to select the person who makes the most interesting presentation of their reminiscence.
- Enter the name of the person you choose and drop it into the Voting box.
- Please do this after all members have shared their experience.
- Memento Collection slip has been placed in the welcome kit.
- The slip will have your name and department
- You can collect the memento from the counter between 5pm and 7pm only.
- Please sign the collection slip acknowledging receipt of the memento.
Lucky Draw tickets of Rs. 100 each are being sold throughout the day. The winner of the lucky draw will win a Numeric UPS of MRP Rs. 7,500 (sponsored by Boby Thomas). In addition the winner also gets 25% of the sales proceeds from the Lucky Draw. The balance 75% goes to ACCET87 Foundation.
The Golden Chest will be a treasure trove of memory deposits (MDs) with each one us depositing something which we get to open & see only after another 25 years. The Golden Chest will be sealed on August 11, 2012 and will be opened again ONLY on Saturday, August 15, 2037, on the occasion of our Golden Jubilee Celebration. A special chest has been designed for us to place deposit items. The custody of the Chest will change every year. The key to the chest will be with a person other than the custodian and it will also rotate every year. We will have an Annual Reunion in August during which we will handing over ceremony every year in August by which the custody of the Chest will be passed on to a different person.
When will the chest be opened?
The chest will be opened on August 15, 2037.
What is the capacity of the chest?
The capacity of the chest is roughly 10 litres
What can be deposited?
Anything that can last 25 years without degradation can be deposited.
What cannot be deposited?
Any item that can degrade in 25 years cannot be deposited. CDs, DVDs, Memory Cards etc cannot be dropped as they will lose data. No electronic device with battery inside. Color photos will fade. No chemical, liquid or explosive materials. No object or substance that is banned or illegal.
What size of objects can be deposited?
Objects the size of a matchbox are acceptable & ideal. Objects with one side longer than a matchbox are accepted provided no side of the object exceeds 15 cm & the volume of the object is under 100 cc.
Who owns the items dropped in the chest?
The deposits in the chest will be the property of the person dropping it. However, the item cannot be claimed until 15th August 2037, when the chest is scheduled to be opened.
Through the day the compere will be asking the audience interesting questions about our batch, batchmates, college, faculty, hostels, and Karaikudi in general. The first correct answer will win a prize. There are many prizes to be won.
If a question is unanswered the prize will go to the person who contributed the question.
We require a lot many questions. Please help us by sharing interesting questions.The question can be about anything common to all of us and should have a definite answer which is based on facts.
You can send the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. A third party will be compiling the list from the suggestions you provide and the questions will remain a secret till the event.
If you are not attending the event, please send the answer also in your email. Those attending the event can provide the answer to the MC at the event.
We have blocked the rooms in two hotels.
- SUBBULAXMI PALACE,
NO.1, SEKKALAI ROAD,
KARAIKUDI – 630 002.
- GOLDEN SINGAR HOTEL,
100 FEET ROAD,
NEAR PERIYAR STREET,
KARAIKUDAI – 630 001
Please check out the allocation of hotel and room details. If you have any clarification or changes, please call me (98407 18040), Sebastian (98422 33348) or Venkatesan (9444020752).
[Error loading Google Spreadsheet data. Make sure your Google Spreadsheet is shared using either the "Public on the web" or "Anyone with the link" options
Please check out the SJC schedule at http://accet87.net/sjc-program-schedule/
We are planning to webcast the whole event. The url for viewing the webcast will be published one day before the event.
Please get your memory deposits ready for the Golden Chest. Kittu is working real hard on making the chest.
If you are unable to make it to the event, you can send your memory deposit through courier or send it through someone. Also, you can send your message for display at the SJC.
Please check this post on what to expect at the SJC. Feel free to email us if you have any questions.
We need photos particularly from 1983-87 period for the posters we are planning to print. If you have photos with you from that period please do send us a scanned copy.
They can be individual photo, group photo, or picture of college, campus, hostels or other places in KKDI, anything is alright as long as there is a KKDI connection.
We also welcome photos of batchmates taken from then until now.
Please scan the photos and send them to us. Since email has limitation, please upload the files directly to our server: http://accet87.net/files/
If you have a few files you can upload them one by one. If there are many files, you can move them to a folder in your local computer and zip the folder and then upload the zipped file.
Please send the photos as soon as possible as we are short of time.
Golden Chest – Some of you have given your feedback about opening of the chest after 25 years. We are around 45 years old now and by the time of our Golden Jubilee we will be around 70 years old. With increased life expectancy and the advancements in science and medicine, I am sure more than 70% of us will live to see the Golden Jubilee. Those of you who suspect otherwise, the opportunity to make it to the Golden Jubilee should be another motivator get and stay healthy. I sure look forward to seeing you all on August 15, 2037. In the meanwhile, please do share your thought about the Golden Chest. More important is your Memory Deposit; get working on it. We want MDs from every one of our batchmates. Our friend Kittumani (aka Krishnamurthy) is working on building a big, beautiful and futuristic chest to take us all to the future.
We need to some more research on what items can be safely stored for 25 years and what measures are required to preserve the items. Sailesh has done some work on this and has shared it in an email. We need more research. Can someone help?
At the last meeting we came up with a lot more ….
The theme for the event will be: அன்றும் இன்றும் என்றும்… (Anrum, Inrum, Enrum)
- Best Storyteller: We will have a story telling competition where you can narrate your ACCET experience focusing on the event’s theme – அன்றும் இன்றும் என்றும்… (Anrum, Inrum, Enrum). You must enrol for this competition at the registration desk. The best story teller will be decided by votes from each of us. Each of us will get a voting slip with our welcome kit. If you are not attending the event, you can send your entry in advance as a text or video message. (See #5 below).
- Quiz: Through the day the MC will be indulging you with trivia and will throw questions about us, our college, KKDI etc. The first correct answer will win a prize. There are many prizes to be won. We require questions. Please email your questions with answer to email@example.com. A third party will be compiling the list from the suggestions you provide.
- Lucky Draw: We will have a lucky draw with coupon price of Rs. 100 per ticket. Boby Thomas has offered to sponsor the draw with a product of his company – a Numeric Inverter. So, we will have two prizes:
- Numeric (1000 VA) (MRP of Rs. 7,500)
- 25% of the ticket sales. (The balance 75% will go to ACCET87 Foundation)
- Performances by ACCET87 family: We already have 4 performances lined up – RS Srini’s daughter & VP’s daughter giving a dance performance each, Boby’s daughter singing a song, Rajeshwar’s song playing the guitar (or keyboard), .. We welcome & expect more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot for you/r family member/s.
- Text / Picture / Video Mesages – We already emailed you requesting those unable to attend the event to send your messages which we will dis/play at the event. Please do prepare your messages. We will post the instructions for sending this on or before July 24th.
Yesterday, during our brainstorming session for the Silver Jubilee Celebrations we hit on an idea (source: Vilva) which all of us liked very much and decided to implement – Golden Chest.
The Golden Chest will be a treasure trove of memory deposits (MDs) with each one us depositing something which we get to open & see only after another 25 years. The Golden Chest will be sealed on August 11, 2012 and will be opened again ONLY on Saturday, August 15, 2037, on the occasion of our Golden Jubilee Celebration.
Your Memory Deposit can be anything that is small in size and will last 25 years. Here are some examples:
- a note or a message
- picture/s (photograph)
- coin or currency note
- cd / dvd / memory card
- a pencil or pen
We will make a chest of about 1.5′ x 1.5′ x 1.0′. It will be made airtight to the extent possible. Bear in mind the size of the chest before deciding on what you want to store. Whatever you want to deposit must be sealed in an envelope with your name written on the envelope.
The custody of the Chest will change every year. The key to the chest will be with a person other than the custodian and it will also rotate every year.
We will have an Annual Reunion in August during which we will handing over ceremony every year in August by which the custody of the Chest will be passed on to a different person.
We want a Memory Deposit from each and every one of our batchmates. Please get yours ready soon. If you are not attending the SJC, please reach it to us through post, courier or messenger. Those of living abroad can send it through someone who is attending the SJC from your area or mail it to us.
Feel free to post your comments and suggestions.
I am glad to announce that we received our first donation from outside our group. Mr. Nagaraj, CEO of Deccan Die Castings has donated a sum of Rs. One lakh to the ACCET87 FOUNDATION. Mr. Nagaraj is a friend of our batchmate Ninan Chandy and is an alumnus of Kanadukathan Polytechnic.
The letter from Mr. Nagaraj is posted below:
On behalf of all of you I thank Mr. Nagaraj and wish him, his family and his company all the best.
Also, many thanks to our Ninan Chandy who contributed Rs. One lakh by himself and is helping us mobilise more funds.