First, let me thank, Vilva and Rajeshwar for the opportunity given to stay at ACCET for the whole day on 26.09.2012 to witness the ASSET87 training program. Students are really happy and enjoy the sessions. They are away from the regular class work and learn some life skill which make them enjoyable. The feed back from the students are also encouraging us to go further.
Many of you contacted me saying that you had problems uploading the photos. There were some problems in the feature and I have developed a new upload feature using dropbox. which you can access here – http://accet87.net/sjc-photos-share/
Please first zip the files and make sure the zipped file is under 75mb in size. You can then proceed to upload the file.
Bigger the file longer will be he upload time. The upload time depends on your internet speed. Upload speed is usually lower than download speed.
You need to log in to upload files.
Please give this a try. Let me know how it goes.
The second session of ASSET87 was held on August 29, 2012 and it was my turn to visit ACCET and monitor the sessions. I also had to sort out some teething problems we had in the first session.
We had a team of 5 trainers, two from Chennai, two from Madurai and one from Coimbatore. The outline of the session.
Planning & Organizing Group Communication
- To convey information to a group of people
- To instruct, brief, make decisions and solve problems
- As against dyadic communication (i.e., one to one) and mass communication (i.e., one to many), group communication implies a many to many communication.
- Teamwork and group communication form an integral part of most organizations that embrace the concept to organizational climate and participative management – factories, corporate offices etc.
- This is largely because complexity of decisions that has to be made when we are dealing with groups as opposed to individuals.
- Although teams are different from groups in that former is a process-based while latter is function based, they share a communication processes. For example, when a company sends one of its project teams to develop software for its clients abroad, that particular team carries out a process. However, when the company nominates a group to discuss the changes it may wish to bring about in its manufacturing unit, the group considers a function.
- In other words, team’s objective is set, and members are assigned specific duties to achieve a specific goal.
- The group on the other hand is more involved in discussing and planning the achievement of their common goal.
How it works?
- First select 10 emerging leaders from day 1
- Divide them into 10 groups
- Given them their assignment sheets
- Allocate 10 minutes for them to meet and submit a proposal
- On approval of their proposal they start to work to complete their task in 45 minutes
- Every 15 minutes ask the TL for a status update
- Any time escalation requisition ask them to obtain their approval end of 40th minute
- On completion of the task ask them to present
- Allocate each team 5 minutes presentation time
- Balance 3 minutes is for a Q&A session
The training sessions were well attended with around 90% attendance. In the afternoon, the Civil batch students turned up late. They were away in Pillayarpatti on a survey camp but enthusiastically came for the training session and went back after the session. I informally chatted with several students and they were all very positive about the impact of the training sessions. Each of them said they are already feeling more confident, just after 2 sessions. They also said that when they were given an opportunity to talk they did not do well and they regretted missing the opportunity and that they will make the best of it the next time they get their chance. I assure them that each of them will get a lot more opportunities as there were 14 sessions left.
Here are some pictures of the charts created by the students:
I am waiting for the video to be uploaded. I will add the link when it is up there.
I know each one of you who came to the SJC took various pictures. We want each one of those photos. I am sure it will be an awesome collection.
I know uploading the photos using the Photo Album feature can be cumbersome for you. So, I suggest that you zip the folder with all photographs and upload it to our site directly from this page. I will extract them and create an album for you quickly.
If you have any questions or need help, please ask.
Hi everyone ,
Back to Riyadh and was going thro the various posts and photos. What a day it turned out to be!! Was worth waiting 25 yrs for this day. It was a show of gratitude and great attitude -gratitude to the Almighty, our Almamater and Dr. Alagapa Chettiar and the “Pehele Aap “attitude by all our batch mates. No leaders as everyone lead or followed as needed for the occasion. The minuses complemented to form pluses, or as the Brits say, the odds evened out.. Thanks to all. Kandaswamy and Samudhra Kani have become OOR MATES and I think we can form a Trivandrum chapter now.
During my previous visits to the stage at Murugappa Hall, they used to provide a reserved table and chair ..it was missing this time !!!
God Bless all .
I know all of you have been eagerly waiting to see the videos of the SJC. Here is the full collection of video recordings from our SJC. We have about 7 hours of recordings in all. We will be slicing them into smaller sections and uploading them over a period of time.
You wont be able to fast-forward or rewind the videos in the first run. If you want that, allow the full video to play & buffer one time and then you can keep moving the slider back and forth to play/replay as you please.
Part 1: The Inauguration ceremony
Part 2: Inauguration ceremony continued
Part 3: Performances by ACCET87 family
Part 4: More performances, Orchestra & Some games
Part 5: Reminiscences & Anthakshari
Part 6: Anthakshari continued, Orchestra with some mass dancing performances!
Part 7: Golden Chest Sealing, Games and Goodbyes!
Made two animated movies with pictures from college days.
Here is the first: